Tuesday 4 September 2012

Hexi stitching

Travelling in the car gives me lots of stitching time (only in daylight hours), (and.. when I'm not the driver!)
So I have been working on 'This Goes with That'...A Sue Daley BOM... Patchwork With Busy Fingers.
The hexagons are 2 1/2" constructed from a variety of shapes.

 I am joining my hexis together with 2 1/2" blue triangles


A few years ago I did a similar quilt with 5" hexagons.
 It ended up queen size and I used mainly large florals from my stash.


Just thought I'd share some photos from the farm on the weekend.
new born carves.
 

 Feral goats that Minty keeps rounding up and bringing to us!
the new born kids are just so cute!
 two very keen 'working' dogs
 Flowers from my garden
 Just love freesia's!
 I think these look like frilly wedding dresses!
Till next time,
Cheers
Floss

5 comments:

  1. Lovely hexies, quite different to the floral quilt. I like the dark blue joining triangles, they will frame them nicely. Spring has definitely sprung, lots of baby animals everywhere, and gorgeous flowers too. Is the white frilly one a freesia too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love your hexis and the blue background!!! Cute little babies dont you just love spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great. The blue really sets them off well. I bought the kit, but haven't even looked at it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you for being able to do some in the car...I can't do anything like that when travelling! I love freesias...we have a couple out just now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.